Grants will be limited to 501c3 charitable organizations and typically will not exceed $8,000 annually to any one organization. Approved grants must be project-focused with an estimated completion time within one year. Grant requests for operating support, loans, endowments, and unrestricted funds, will not be considered. The Foundation does not fund scientific research and generally does not fund salaries or travel, however, salaries/wages might be considered if they are a small portion of the grant project request. The Foundation typically does not fund organizations more than one time per calendar year.
The Foundation requires a short, 6-month progress report along with a final report at the completion of the funded project to detail progress and to verify that the funds are used for the stated purpose. Pre- and post-site visits may be requested.
The foundation will only consider grant requests that impact the following geographic areas: California, Oregon or the Chicago Area.
Am I eligible for a SFF grant?
- Are you a current 501c3 non-profit organization?
- Are you working in Oregon, California, or the Greater Chicago area?
- Does your grant align with at least one of the foundation’s goals?
- Does your grant meet the specific criteria of the goal?
- Is your grant project-oriented?
- Can your project be completed within 12 months of receiving funds?