Grants will be limited to 501(c)(3) charitable organizations and typically will not exceed $8,000 annually to any one organization. Approved grants must be project-focused with an estimated completion time within one year. Grant requests for operating support, loans, endowments, and unrestricted funds, will not be considered. The Foundation does not fund scientific research and generally does not fund salaries or travel, however, salaries/wages may be considered if they are a small portion of the grant project request. The Foundation does not fund organizations more than one time per calendar year.
The Foundation requires a short, 6-month progress report along with a final report at the completion of the funded project to detail progress and to verify that the funds are used for the stated purpose. Pre- and post-site visits by SFF Trustees may be requested.
The Foundation will only consider grant requests that impact the following geographic areas: California, Oregon or the Chicago Area.
You are eligible for a SFF grant if:
- You are a current 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- You are working in Oregon, California, or the Greater Chicago area
- Your proposed project aligns with at least one of the Foundation’s three goals and meets each of the specific bulleted criteria of said goal(s)
- Your proposed project can likely be completed within 12 months of funding
- Your proposed project has measurable outcomes and does not focus on program maintenance