Local Foods and Community Pathways
The foundation seeks to promote programs and initiatives that strengthen community ties through the promotion of healthy, active lifestyles. The foundation will consider grant requests that better the communities within California, Oregon or the Chicago Area and improve the lives of individuals by providing opportunities for growing and eating healthy, local foods and increasing access to a variety of outdoor fitness and recreational endeavors.
Funded Projects Will:
- Increase the accessibility of growing/eating local food and/or the availability of pathways and connectivity
- Serve the general population or has the ability to be made accessible to the general population
- Improve the health of community members
- Integrate with other community efforts directed at healthy living
- Provide a new and lasting component to existing community resources promoting healthy lifestyles